Gynecological issues are those health conditions that affect the normal functioning of the female reproductive system. These health issues can affect the ovaries, vulva, breasts, uterus, fallopian tube, and vagina of a woman, which may lead to certain long-term complications such as cancer and infertility.
If you’re suffering from any gynecological issues, then you must consult a gynecologist in Siliguri immediately. The doctor will recommend you the most suitable treatment that includes medications, surgery, or therapies for making the functioning of the reproductive system normal.
Given are the most common gynecological issues that need proper treatment.
1. Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS)
PCOS is the most common gynecological issue that interferes with the appropriate production of hormones. In this condition, small fluid sacs develop in the outer region of the ovaries called cysts.
- Symptoms- Polycystic ovaries, high amount of androgen, irregular menstrual cycle, excessive body hair, and weight gain.
- Treatment- The treatment for PCOS includes certain hormone medications such as contraceptive pills for irregular periods, clomifene for fertility problems, and combined oral contraceptive pills for unwanted hair growth.
Endometriosis is a health condition that grows unwanted endometrial tissues in various areas such as fallopian tubes, the outer region of the uterus, and ovaries. This abnormal growth of tissues leads to painful cysts, inflammation, and scarring.
- Symptoms- Pain during intercourse, aching menstrual cramps, irregular periods, spotting, and fatigue.
- Treatments- The nonsurgical treatments include pain management medications and hormone therapy. Laparotomy, laparoscopy, and hysterectomy are some of the surgical treatments.
3. Menstrual Disorder
Menstrual disorder is a common health condition that obstructs the normal menstruation cycle. It can lead to abnormal bleeding, painful cramps, no bleeding, and premenstrual syndrome (PMS). Certain health conditions, hormonal imbalances, and stress can influence menstrual disorders.
- Symptoms- Pain, bloating, emotional distress, missed menstrual cycle, depression, headache, and abnormal bleeding.
- Treatments- Treatment depends upon the causes of the disorder, where for PMS certain birth control pills can be recommended. Hormonal medications can also be recommended if the conditions are influenced by hormonal imbalances.
4. Uterine Cancer
Uterine or Endometrial cancer is one of the most common gynecological cancers that develop in the inner lining of the uterus. Periods starting at an early age and being overweight are some of the risk factors for uterine cancer. You can visit a gynecologist hospital in Siliguri for getting proper guidance and treatment.
- Symptoms- Vaginal bleeding and white vaginal discharge after menopause, pain in the lower abdomen, and prolonged menstrual bleeding.
- Treatment- In most situations, uterine cancer is treated through surgery. Some of the other treatments include radiation, chemo, immuno, hormone, and targeted therapy.
Infertility is a health condition, where the woman is unable to conceive a baby. Certain ovulation disorders, endometriosis, and damaged fallopian tubes can cause female infertility.
- Symptoms- Inability to conceive and irregular menstruation cycle.
- Treatments- Clomiphene citrate, Metformin, Bromocriptine, Letrozole, and Gonadotropins are some of the fertility-restoring drugs that can be recommended.
At some point in time, most women face certain gynecological issues. However, for keeping the reproductive system healthy you must contact a gynecologist in Siliguri if you see certain symptoms of gynecological abnormalities such as irregular periods and pain.
Apart from the above-mentioned common gynecological issues, women may face other problems as well such as uterine fibroids, ovarian cysts, and urinary tract infections. Early diagnosis and proper treatment can cure most of these issues effectively.