Endometriosis is a medical condition in which the tissue that lines the internal area of the uterus grows outside of the uterus, spreading to the ovaries, fallopian tubes, and the tissue around the pelvis as well. In very rare scenarios, the endometrial tissue is found to spread in the pelvic region as well.
For any kind of gynecological issues, you can directly get in touch with a gynae doctor in Siliguri. The doctor may tell you to get multiple tests done to diagnose the situation accurately. After diagnosis, a suitable course of treatment is offered by the gynecologist.
Although the exact causes of endometriosis are not known, the following reasons can be pinpointed as a few of the factors that give rise to situations like endometriosis, or the formation of fibroids and cysts. Have a look at these factors that increase your risk of having endometriosis:
- Retrograde menstruation is a medical condition in which the menstrual blood flows backward, into the fallopian tubes and the pelvic cavity. This menstrual blood contains endometrial cells, which latch onto the pelvic walls, the reproductive organs, and the pelvic cavity. These endometrial cells gradually thicken over time, with each passing menstrual cycle, and result in profuse bleeding.
- Having one’s menstrual cycle starting from an early age increases their chances of endometriosis.
- Having menopause at a relatively older age compared to usual also increases one’s chances of developing endometriosis.
- Experiencing heavy menstrual cycles whose duration is longer than a week may result in the person suffering from endometriosis.
- Having higher levels of the hormone estrogen in the body may also lead to endometriosis.
- Having certain disorders in the reproductive tract may also result in the woman suffering from endometriosis.
- Certain disorders of the immune system may also result in the woman developing endometriosis.
- After the woman undergoes certain surgeries like a hysterectomy or C-section, endometrial tissues may attach themselves to the reproductive regions in the woman’s body that has been surgically modified.
Booking a consultation with an experienced gynecologist is necessary to keep endometriosis in control. They will offer you proper advice and guidance to make your life better and remove keep complications related to endometriosis at bay.
Endometriosis is an issue that can result in abdominal and pelvic pain, painful menstrual cycles, and painful sexual intercourse as well. You can open up about the side effects of endometriosis by directly consulting with a gynecologist in Siliguri.
Making better lifestyle choices plays a crucial role in promoting better reproductive health. These include having a diet comprising more dietary fiber and less saturated and trans fats, exercising and moving around more instead of sitting still in a place all day long and spending more time in nature.