Pregnancy can be a hard time for most females. Thankfully, you can always consult an OB-GYN who will help you and guide you through the ups and downs, through the hormonal and the physical changes in your body. A trip to the OB-GYN is a very personal and sensitive experience so it is extremely important to find one that you are completely comfortable with and who understands your needs well. It is best to find an OB-GYN before you are pregnant as it gives times for the OB-GYN to be well acquainted with your case; this makes the transition seamless. Consult a gynecologist in Siliguri to know about the bodily changes during pregnancy.
Table of contents:
- Who is an OB-GYN?
- How can an OBGYN help you during pregnancy?
- What procedures can they perform?
Who is an OB-GYN?
An OBGYN is a primary care physician who is trained in both gynecology and obstetrics.
Gynecology is the medical practice that deals with the health of the female reproductive system and the breasts while obstetrics focuses more on pregnancy, childbirth and the post birth period. Together, these two specialties center on the female reproductive organs in their normal and pregnant state.
How can an OBGYN help you during pregnancy?
OBGYNs are a necessity to all women, pregnant or not. They’re extremely familiar with most medical conditions and disorders that can occur during pregnancy and are skilled to treat these disorders. Some OBGYNs also sub-specialize in maternal-fetal medicine, reproductive endocrinology, infertility, urogynecology, or pediatric gynecology. Having a skilled physician by your side before, during and after pregnancy can have immense benefits for your health as well as the health and well-being of your baby. Here are a few ways in which OBGYN can care for you during pregnancy:
- Conduct prenatal testing (urine, Pap, blood, etc.)
- Perform fetal monitoring (ultrasounds, kick counts, electronic fetal monitoring)
- Complete tests for birth defects and genetic disorders
- Provide information on any physical, mental and emotional changes you may experience
- Care for you during labor and delivery
- Guide you through postpartum physical changes
- Prescribe the required medications
- Answer any questions you may have
What procedures can they perform?
OB-GYNs are trained surgeons who can perform a wide range of medical procedures, which includes:
- cesarean sections
- instrumental deliveries during childbirth
- a hysterectomy
- removing growths, such as ovarian cysts and uterine fibroids
- surgery to repair pelvic organ injuries
Dr. Vinayak Das is one of the most highly regarded obstetrician and gynecologist in Siliguri. Dr. Vinayak Das is all set to make a difference in quality and promotion of women’s health care. With a holistic approach towards patient care he is one of the most reliable obstetrician and gynecologists in Siliguri with special interests in high risk pregnancy and fetal medicine.